Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Revell Bundeswehr WIP

As I noted back in May, I have been looking at putting together a Bundeswehr force for Cold-War gone hot type gaming (although a force built for 1990+ wouldn't need much changing for more current operations), recently though money has been tight and I've been feeling the need to do some small scale armor modeling. Compromise? Buy some Revell and Dragon kits on the cheap and put togeather the beginning of a Jäger platoon with supporting aufklärung and panzer elements (light infantry with reconnaissance and armor elements). While the heavy armor and mechanized infantry will have to wait (ridiculous how hard it is to find Marder ICVs in 20mm/1:72 scale), luck was with me earlier in the week when I visited almost every hobby shop I could find until I stumbled upon the now out-of-print Revell SpPz 2 „Luchs“ reconnaissance vehicle and a couple boxes of Revell's Modern German Infantry. Here are some WIP shots:
Top: Assembled Jäger squad and SpPz 2
Bottom: First attempt at a fireteam in Flecktarn

By the way, if anyone out there knows somewhere that offers 20mm or 1:72 scale Marder ICVs please let me know. Preferably a place that has a price list and online ordering (seen way to many places lately claiming to have them but offering no clear way to order them).

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Gonna try the G11 conversion we discussed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly will. I wanted to get a basic squad out of the way first so that I could test camo patterns and feel like I had gotten something done but, the G11 attempts will be forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete